We’ve all been there. The sink sprung a leak. Water is going everywhere. Your trusty toolbox is within reach but, just as you think you know exactly what it’s going to take to get this under control, you quickly realize that you may, finally, be outmatched.
Now, before your ego gets a few bruises, quickly understand that the reason there are professionals such as plumbers, carpenters, mechanics, and many, many more is because experts are needed in certain situations.
While you may be able to handle some of the financial questions that pop up in you and your family’s daily lives, much like you were able to fix every leak up until that last one, there are a few tell tale reasons it could be time to reach out to a financial advisor.
1. Just Married: You just tied the knot and now it’s time to tie together bank accounts, pay down some debts… or is it? A financial advisor is the perfect person to go to during this transitional period to determine the best steps to take after your nuptials.
2. You’re not sure if you’re saving enough money: If you don’t know whether or not you’re saving enough for your future, it’s time to consult someone who can take an unbiased look at what you need to do, depending on your current age, to achieve your financial goals.
3. You own your own business: Remember when the company you worked for seemed to take care of all those pesky things like 401ks, paying for health insurance, and cutting you a paycheck? Whether or not you just opened a businesses, are thinking about owning one, or have been in business for years, consulting with a financial advisor is advisable.
4. You still get a tax refund each year: Although you may think you’re getting money back from the government each year around tax time, you’re really just getting money that you overpaid back, and the government didn’t even have to pay interest on it. Better planning through a financial advisor can keep more money in your pocket throughout the year.
5. Your family just got bigger: Family changes can occur in many ways. You may be expecting, have recently adopted, or even experienced some other changes in living arrangements. These are always signs that it’s time to take another look at whether or not you’re saving enough to plan for the future.
While these are five good reasons to consult a financial advisor, they are, of course, not the only ones. Contact the Steel Valley Investment Group of Raymond James to further discuss your financial planning goals and needs.